After several months of hard work with Guillaume @maethor, I am happy to announce the release of a completely new version of the Shinken Web UI.
This hard work started almost one year ago with the BS3 branch I opened on the project. At that moment, I wanted to have a nice UI to consult key data managed by the Shinken framework, from different Web browsers.
After several months of sleeping, Guillaume and I reactivated this project. Today we have achieved an almost completely redesigned version.
This new WebUI version features:
full Bootstrap 3 Web User Interface
- modern and responsive UI compatible with all Web browsers and mobile devices
real time Shinken data consulting
- user is able to see almost all Shinken framework managed data
out of the box operational User Interface
- the new WebUI embeds all the main needed modules, significantly simplifying configuration
- no need to 'shinken install' many modules before starting
powerful Shinken resources filtering
- hosts, services may be problems, impacts ... filtering is an help for the user !
new Shinken modules strongly enriching Web UI features
- mongo-logs, storing all shinken logs and hosts availability in MongoDB allowing to do basic SLA with Shinken
multi user with restricted "client" accounts
- a huge work has been done on the security to allow access to "client" accounts which are allowed to see only a subset of the hosts and services
Many other features are available in this new interface. You are very welcome to deploy and test it...
Last but not least, we opened a Wiki in the project repository to make documentation available for every user. The one link that you should use today is: https://github.com/shinken-monitoring/mod-webui/wiki/Installation.
In the next weeks, we will extand the Wiki to focus on the new killer features of the new Web UI; such as filtering problems, system logs, hosts availability, ...
Back to this object: 'shinken install webui2' is your best friend ...
comments powered by Disqus